Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Toy Museum in Branson

Last year I went to Branson, Mo., and while there I stopped in to visit the toy museum. Did that bring back memories! Not only of the toys I once owned, but also the toys advertised on television throughout the 1950's and 1960's. The place was huge, and it was divided into shelves full of toys in various categories: planes, cars, buses, police cars, Star Wars, Disney toys, and cap pistols. I can't even begin to list what was on display. There were a variety of old cars, scooters and advertising memorabilia also on hand. 

So if you ever find yourself in Branson for the fishing, history, or music shows, you might want to stop by the toy museum. On the way out it has a gift shop (surprise) that had a lot of the great novelties for sale that I remember from my youth. The slide whistle I bought is great. 

Here are some pictures.