Monday, April 17, 2023

Pictorial Map Book

 I just beefed up and republished my book of cartoon bird's eye view maps. These are the maps that I have been drawing over the past 36 years, starting in 1983 with downtown Covington. 



I had published a smaller version of the book a few years ago. This one is 8 1/2 by 11 inches, so the maps have been reduced to fit. The original maps were 11 x17" and in many cases two feet by three feet, so the reduced-to-fit versions in the book will not contain the level of detail of the original maps. But the overall map is interesting to look at, and many of those maps have been posted to this website and over at Tammany Family blog at full size so you can zoom in to see the detail. Links to those at the bottom of this post. 

Since the mid-1980's I've been drawing maps in Louisiana, Mississippi, Georgia, Alabama, and even South Carolina. They are fun to look at, and I would think a valuable historical reference. Already I get emails from people saying that they have a copy of one of my maps from 30 years ago, and it helps jog their memories of what was where,especially the businesses that are no longer with us. I made many great friends travelling across the South visiting the cities and towns, and working with the local chambers of commerce and newspapers to use the maps for promotional purposes. 

To order a copy of the book, click on this link.

Links to cartoon maps on the internet:

Folsom Pictorial Maps

Madisonville Map 2017  

Pictorial Maps Presented   

Shop Local USA

Cartoon Map Presentation